So I just finished reading The Hunger Games and am now reading the second book in the trilogy. I love, love, love it, but some things are driving me crazy. This post has spoilers. Not so much about the books, but about how my mind works. Or “works”.
1. Why aren’t more people named Katniss? That’s like the best name ever. Or Katnissinka.
2. Did mean kids in school call Peeta “PITA”?
3. How come during the whole Hunger Games Katniss never gets her period?
3a. Bella never got her period in Twilight, either. What’s up with that?
3b. Is it because both Katniss and Bella are super skinny?
3c. Or is it just one of those things that people don’t mention in books, like going to the bathroom?
4. How come in the future people only have landlines and no cell phones?
5. Is Twitter still a thing?
6. I see that waxing is still painful. Nice job, future.
7. So because they have The Hunger Games, there’s no more other reality TV? Like at all?!
8. Does Europe still exist?
9. Where are all the vampires?
10. This is the best mash up of The Handmaid’s Tale-Lord of the Flies-Survivor-The Bachelor ever!
Have you read the book? What did you wonder about?
In my never-ending effort to join the 1%, this post contains Amazon Affiliate links.
One year ago ...